up·ris·ing (noun): an act of resistance; a rebellion or revolt against the establishment.
That’s exactly what happened Friday night as 850 students assembled for Uprising, an event that calls young men and women to rebel against the world and rise to the higher calling of Christ. The problems and pressures that today’s youth are facing are unprecedented. Things that were virtually unheard of a generation ago—sexting, cyberbullying, guns in school, the open extolment of homosexuality, and a heightened antagonism towards Christianity, for example—have become commonplace among today’s youth culture. To live the life of a genuine Christ follower is revolutionary, and 145 students decided to do just that as they received Christ as the Lord of their lives.
nike free 5.0 womens
Uprising is almost here! At our last Uprising, the Lord exceeded all of our expectations and brought 1100 Jr. High and High School students to hear the gospel. Out of those who came, we saw hundreds commit their lives to Jesus! Excitement and expectations are high, and we know that God is going to do another incredible work at this Uprising! But, we need to do our part. As this outreach opportunity draws closer, our job is to pray for, invite, and bring people.
total air foamposite max
Pray. God allows us to be a part of His work by praying in faith that He will do great things. Every aspect of the night needs to be saturated in our prayers.east inflatables American warehouse
- Pray that many would come to the event.
- Pray for the bands and for our worship to glorify God through their music
- Pray that all technical aspects (e.g. video, sound, lights, etc.) would function well.
- Pray for Pastor Daniel Hooper as he prepares his message for the night.
- Most importantly, pray that God would move among the hearts of those who come, and that they would come into a saving relationship with Him.
Invite. How will people hear about Uprising if you don’t tell them?
- Text and call your friends.
- Hand out flyers at school or drive to the mall and invite people there.
- Wear the Uprising shirts, post the stickers, and hang the posters.
- Use social media to get the word out through Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Invite friends through our Facebook event page, and share our Uprising pictures!
We need to get the word out about this awesome event so that people can hear the life-changing message of the gospel!
Bring. Even better than merely inviting someone is physically bringing them to church for Uprising. Most of those who are saved at Harvest Crusades were brought by a friend, and we have that same opportunity for this event. People are much more likely to come if you provide a way for them to get there, and buying them food helps too. So, get your parents to load up the car and bring all of your friends!
nike air max tailwind 4
If we do our part, this promises to be an incredible day that we will praise God for in the years to come. We pray that this event will be a major part of an Uprising among the young people in So. Cal. to turn to Jesus Christ and live their lives to reflect His glory in our city.Inflatable Bubble Tent
nike air max 180
up·ris·ing [uhp-rahy-zing] (noun): an insurrection or revolt.
We want this generation to stop living for the things of this world and start living according to God’s Word. We want our youth to rise up and take ground for Christ and His Kingdom. We want students to make a difference in their homes, schools, churches, and communities. We want an uprising.
ebay nike free run
In order to reach the youth of our city, the Activate High School and Crux Jr. High ministries are hosting their fourth Uprising, which is designed to reach the youth with the Gospel. There will be an awesome concert with hip-hop artist Tedashi, and an evangelistic message from Pastor Daniel Hooper.Inflatable Camping Tent
- Students: grab some flyers, posters, stickers, and shirts to get the word out! Make it your goal to bring at least one friend to the event who doesn’t know Jesus or go to church.
- Parents: Challenge your children by being willing to bring all of their friends! Fill up the car and bring students to hear the Gospel.
Here’s the info:
- When: Friday, October 25 at 7pm (doors open at 6:30pm)
- Where: Sanctuary at Harvest Riverside
- Cost: Free
To share pictures through social media and to invite friends online, visit our Uprising Facebook page!
Share this picture on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!